Things are moving at a rapid pace here at Volusion Headquarters. To learn more about these exciting developments, check out this update from our CEO, Clay Olivier.
We’re only halfway through the year, but it’s already been an exciting one for us and our customers. Beyond enjoying significant growth in our merchants and staff, we’re constantly fueled by the innovative ideas that you as entrepreneurs and business owners bring to selling online.
In fact, between April 2011 and March 2012, our customers processed $2.4 billion dollars in online commerce. Impressive accomplishments like this motivate us to keep paving the way for the ecommerce industry. To do so, we’re continuously focused on improving our platform, rolling out new features, and supporting our business owners by providing the best customer experience possible.
I wanted to take a moment to update you on some important developments happening within our organization and how they’ll affect your business:
- Earlier this month, we welcomed Steve Krebsbach, Vice President of Information Technology, to lead our IT and Operations teams. Steve will be responsible for engineering and operating Volusion’s robust cloud infrastructure.
- As part of our efforts to improve the technological foundation for you and your business, we plan to double our IT staff in Q3.
- Additionally, we’ve added 50 new roles across all departments in Q1 alone, with employees coming from top companies like Google, Groupon, Zynga and Apple.
- We’re making significant investments in Support over the next 30 days, increasing our Support Concierge staff by 20% and introducing new tools that will help get questions to the right Support Concierge at the right time.
- With over 35,000 online stores calling Volusion home today (a 50% increase over last year), we need to expand our space to support business growth and operations. We’re currently securing 75,000-square-feet of office space to ensure we continue to grow with you.
- We’re also working on some exciting product developments, so look for more announcements in the coming months.
I also wanted to reflect on some recent enhancements we’ve made to our product to help you better succeed as a business owner:
- At the beginning of this year, we introduced new integrations to directly connect stores with Pinterest and other social media and email services.
- In Q4 2011, we partnered with Akamai to improve storefront load times for customers by 60%.
- We introduced “Deal of the Day” to the Volusion platform, which enables you to create and share daily deals with your customers.
- We’ve partnered with industry-leading companies like Constant Contact, MailChimp, FedEx, Moo and LegalZoom to help you do more with your Volusion store.
We have an exciting year ahead, and I look forward to sharing more upcoming developments within our organization. Thanks for your continued support, and we wish you the very best with your online business.
Clay Olivier, CEO, Volusion